Check out the 2013 Digital Media Projects created by the students of Wadsworth Elementary School.
Friday, May 17, 2013
6:45pm – 9:00pm
Tickets must be purchased in advance
NO tickets will be sold at the door. Please have your child return the pre-order form to the front office with cash/check made payable to: W.E.S., included. Keep the top of this form. Tickets will be sent home with your child. No refunds will be issued unless event is cancelled. The last day to purchase tickets will be May 10, 2013.
Adult King & Princess (together) - $20.00 Additional Princess (siblings only) - $5.00 Additional Adult Male - $5.00 For questions or to volunteer for this event (MOMS, WE NEED YOU TO VOLUNTEER!),
Email: PTO Co-Chair Carrie Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text (518) 588-1425.
Click Here to Download Flyer
Happy Birthday Wadsworth Elementary
On Monday, March 4th the students, faculty and staff of Lewis E. Wadsworth Elementary School were joined by School Board Members Andy Dance and John Fischer and district personnel Betty Farrell and Jacob Oliva as they gathered at the front of the school to celebrate its 25th birthday and to unwrap the long awaited birthday present. Wadsworth opened its doors in 1988 and holds the honor of being the first elementary school in Palm Coast. It was built on land donated by the late, Lewis E. Wadsworth, one of Flagler County’s prominent members. Principal Robin Dupont envisioned commemorating the school’s quarter century milestone, with a gift that not only benefitted the school but enhanced the community as well. She shared her vision of commissioning local artist Paul Baliker to create a statue of the school mascot, the Florida panther lounging across a coquina stone with a student nestled into it reading a good book, with the late Lewis E Wadsworth’s wife Sonia and daughter Virginia who loved the idea and agreed to help her raise the required funds to turn her vision into reality.
Artists Paul Baliker and Cynthia Spiriti along with contributors Thomas Gargiulo and Arlene Volpe from the Gargiulo Art Foundation were present to share in the celebration and excitement of unveiling the bronze panther statue which symbolizes the love of learning and respect for our natural environment. Principal Dupont expressed her gratefulness for the contributions large and small she has received from family, friends, community members and business partners. Bronze, silver and gold level contributors are: Paul Baliker, Cynthia Spiriti, Sonia Wadsworth, Virginia Wadsworth, Lewis Wadsworth, Ronald Canakaris, Pearce Founding Inc., Sam Cline, The Gargiulo Art Foundation, Prosperity Bank, Life Touch Photography and Roberta Uhl. She is especially proud of the role Wadsworth students have played in helping to fund this project. With the help of their teachers, students collaborated with their principal to write and illustrate three children’s books. The Wadsworth Garden Club, The Panther Pollinators, have planted and will maintain Panther Island, a source of pride for all of us.
SCHOOL SPIRIT DAYS
Sponsored by the WES PTO
MAY 31 - Red, White, and Blue Day (School Spirit T-Shirts)
Link to School Activities Calendar
Check out these awesome
Click here for a Monthly Newsletter as well as a Daily Learning Planner that you can read to get ideas that can help your child become a more effective learner. Each of these are in English and Spanish.
Click on this link to find Monthly Activity Calendars and Parents Make a Difference newsletters . These are both in English and Spanish as well, and can be a great resource for parent involvement.
Wadsworth School Uniform Reminder
Zip, button-up, or “over the head” sweatshirts or sweaters in the required solid colors (white, black, grey, red, blue) are acceptable as long as required dress attire is worn beneath. A small trademark logo is also acceptable.
Required dress code must be worn, even when wearing cool weather attire.
Heavy Jackets of various colors and patterns can be worn to school and for outside activities while at school, but they should be removed and stored while the student is attending classes.
Did you know?
Breakfast is FREE for every student, every morning at WES!
Regular School Lunch: $1.60
Reduced School Lunch: $0.40
Application for Free and Reduced Lunch:
SCHOOL UNIFORM ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Wadsworth Panthers look great in their school uniforms. We are very proud of you and have decided to make EVERY FRIDAY SPIRIT DAY! This means students will be able to wear their WES T-shirts, nationally/locally recognized youth organization uniforms, and locally sponsored athletic team game-day jerseys with school uniform bottoms every Friday! Additional spirit activities will take place during the last Friday of the month.
THIN FABRIC SHIRTS: Sheer collared shirts may be worn with a plain t-shirt underneath, both in the designated school colors. Visible tank tops are not allowed.
TIPS for WES Parents and Students
1. SCHOOL STARTING TIME: Breakfast Starts at 8:15AM and it is FREE for all students at WES. Students can be dropped off at car riders at 8:15AM if they are eating breakfast. Other students should be dropped off beginning at 8:30AM. The tardy bell will ring at 8:45AM - students should be in class by that time.
2. BUSES: Arrive at the bus stop 5 - 10 minutes before the schedule bus time in the morning. It will take the buses a few days to get the schedule streamlined so there may be some variation with times. Buses will begin dropping off students at 8:15AM for breakfast. Buses should leave the school by 3:15PM, but expect some delays on the first few days of school. Make sure your student knows their bus number and the animal logo associated with the bus. Bus drivers will not let Kindergarten students off the bus unless a parent/guardian is at the bus stop to pick up that child.
3. UNIFORMS: Students are required to wear school uniforms at all Flagler County Public Schools. The shirt colors for WES are Blue and Red. However, the district colors of black, gray, and white are also acceptable. Shorts should be solid colors with no stripes or large logos. Click here to read the entire uniform policy: http://flaglerschools.com/uniforms
4. CAR RIDERS: Parents/Guardians need to obtain a Car Rider # and tag for their students. Students can be dropped off starting at 8:15AM and picked up starting at 3:00PM. Please be patient during the few days as the children (and parents) learn the process. Parents/Guardians should follow the flow of traffic and remain in their vehicles. It helps to have your child memorize his/her Car Rider number.
5. LUNCH: School lunch prices are the same for all the elementary schools: $1.60 for regular lunch and $0.40 for reduced lunch. If you think that your child qualifies for reduced lunch, you can apply online using this form: https://mealapps.flaglerschools.com/lfserver/eform
5. SCHOOL EXPECTATIONS: It may help to review the school's PURR expectations with your student as he/she is adjusting to a new school year:
Understand Differences in Others
Ready, Set, Prepared
Respectful and Resposible Students
6. HELP: If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask! The staff at WES is here to make your student's learning experience as successful as possible! The school's phone number is (386) 446-6720 and office hours are 8:00AM - 4:00PM.